When you travel as much as I do, you can’t help but pick up a few tips to make your trips easier along the way. So today I’m sharing a few of my favorite travel tricks:
- Always book your plane flights on Tuesday afternoons. A good friend of mine works for an airline, and she swears by this trick for getting significantly discounted airfares! Also the cheapest days to fly are Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday. I usually find the best deals on Priceline.
- I always ALWAYS pack a change of clothes in my carry on, or at least an extra pair of underpants and a tooth-brush. You never know when your luggage may get lost. *Thats why I recently upgraded to this Raden suitcase that has a built in location tracker, it also weighs itself and charges your phone!
- If you are going abroad, always leave a photo copy of your passport & itinerary with your emergency contact person. Life happens and I always like to be better safe than sorry.
- If you are trying to travel light, on a budget, or over packed and didn’t leave room for souvenirs, I recommend keeping matchbox from each restaurant you visit. This is such an easy, and not to mention free, way to come home with some memorabilia from your trip. I keep all of mine in a cute little dish on my bar cart.
- No one likes to deal with chipped nails during a holiday, so I always make sure to bring a long-wear nail polish like CND Vinylux.
- Pack a first aid kit: Tylenol, Tums, Band aids, etc. Navigating foreign pharmacies can be a linguistic nightmare, and I’ve never regretted having brought along some Advil for that inevitable hangover from too much wine, or some Pepto after I’ve eaten too much pasta. I love all these different options from Pinch Provisions.
- Use a sample size perfume that you’ve never worn before during the trip. That way whenever you smell it throughout the years, it will always trigger memories of that particular vacation.
Video by Luccia Lowenthal for SideSmile Style